[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2017-5: Equalization of Assignment Registration requirements between IPv4 and IPv6

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Jul 19 14:28:38 EDT 2017

On 19 Jul 2017, at 11:12 AM, Scott Leibrand <scottleibrand at gmail.com> wrote:

> As I understand it, if the ISP assigned you a /48 and individually routed the /64s for you, they would only have to create a single SWIP entry for the /48, and the street address of your central location (or your administrative HQ, if different) would be perfectly appropriate for that SWIP.

FYI - Present NRPM policy regarding residential privacy would provide for
the reassignment to show the city, state, and postal code of the assignee
(omitting the street address)

To the extent that one is aware of a detailed postal code which has a unique
association with a single location, it is appropriate to use a less specific one
to comply with the intent of the policy.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO