[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2017-5: Equalization of Assignment Registration requirements between IPv4 and IPv6

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Jul 17 15:28:57 EDT 2017

On 17 Jul 2017, at 11:53 AM, Paul McNary <pmcnary at cameron.net> wrote:

>> Compliance with registry policy is indeed necessary to receive number resources;
>> it is up to you to determine whether IP number resources are necessary for provision
>> of your Internet services.
>
> But doesn't ARIN registry policy have to follow the law concerning CPNI ?

Paul -  if you are a regulated service provider, then you need to comply with
the appropriate regulations, and that may govern how your firm interacts with
its customers and how you interact with ARIN.   ARIN is neither a regulated
service provider nor subject to the regulations that you reference, and we
will operate accordingly to the community-developed policy.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO