[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2017-5: Equalization of Assignment Registration requirements between IPv4 and IPv6

Paul McNary pmcnary at cameron.net
Mon Jul 17 09:31:33 EDT 2017

Hello John

It would be the CPNI non-disclosure rules from the FCC.
WISPA's counsel which does not represent me personally but WISPA as an
organization is and expert on this. He knows the FCC inside and out and has
been warning us about our CPNI requirements for non-disclosure and says
it is not exempted from the small provider exclusion.
His contact information is
Stephen E. Coran
Lerman Senter PLLC
2001 L Street, NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20036
202-416-6744 – office
202-669-3288 – mobile
scoran at lermansenter.com – email
www.lermansenter.com
@stevecoran – twitter

IANAL so I can only comment as such. But it does look like an issue.
A law/regulation from the federal government vs an non government
entity contract. It still appears to me that SWIP'ing CPNI information
and displaying it in public WHOIS is a violation of law unless ARIN
has an exemption that would gut the privacy for Internet users.
I guess we could SWIP the IP but put in Customer one and our
POC information.

I am sure Steve can tell page and verse about this.

Thanks you
Take care
Paul McNary
McNary Computer Service