[arin-ppml] Revisit RPKI TAL Relying Party Agreement?

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Feb 3 15:06:08 EST 2017

On 3 Feb 2017, at 2:46 PM, Richard J. Letts <rjletts at uw.edu> wrote:

> [...]

Richard -

   RIPE’s handling of legacy resource holders is different from ARIN’s,
   in that ARIN requires that legacy resource holders wishing to receive
   additional services sign the RSA and pay legacy maintenance fees.

   Because the RSA delineates specific rights of the resource holder
   (and includes a disclaimer of other rights that some might wish to
   assert), ARIN’s requirement to enter into such an agreement to
   provide RPKI services likely precludes some parties from RPKI
   deployment: specifically those parties that value indeterminate
   perceived rights as more important than participating in RPKI.

I hope this helps clarify the issue somewhat (and Bill - if I’ve
mischaracterized the situation, please feel free to elaborate)

Thanks,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO