[arin-ppml] 2016-3 Revisited

David R Huberman daveid at panix.com
Fri Feb 3 10:19:22 EST 2017

I thought of a possible problem with the anti-abuse language -- all
versions of it.  Let me talk it out.

An organization has a /19.
It has growing products, and wants another /19 for its 1 or 2 year need.
It wants to avail itself of the new language.
It is able to buy a /20 from Buyer A, and a /20 from Buyer B.

It closes the deal with Buyer A first, and transfers at ARIN using the
proposed language.

How does it use any version we've discussed (Jason's various proposals,
the current text, etc) to transfer the space it buys from Buyer B?

(In all discussion, yes, you can always use the other sections of 8.5, but
let's stick to the spirit of this policy language, which is meant to help
smaller and mid-size networks double their holdings without needs
testing.)