[arin-ppml] re-org question

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Nov 18 09:10:39 EST 2016

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 8:32 AM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>     ARIN works with the organization to encourage timely resolution with
> regard
>     to excess resources (via either voluntary return or subsequent transfer.
>     However, as has been noted on this list, ARIN cannot require either of
> these
>     actions, and the language in NRPM 8.2 in this regard solely serves to
> direct
>     ARIN to remind recipients of community expectation in this regard.

Thanks John, I appreciate the clarification.

Please pardon my rhetoric, but does the NRPM have any more instances
of non-binding "community expectations" that we can all safely ignore?
It seems to me like this sort of thing is undesirable in an
otherwise-binding policy document.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us