[arin-ppml] re-org question

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Sat Nov 5 00:23:55 EDT 2016

On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 11:54 PM, Ronald F. Guilmette
<rfg at tristatelogic.com> wrote:
> In message <CAP-guGUQZAcKXzh6+F_OmUdmOJR7y3PumxVpeNsdMtWe_QLesw at mail.gmail.com>
> William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
>>Sorry Owen, I won't engage you with the relocated goal post. If you
>>are correct, the 8.2 transfer language requires a registrant whose
>>addresses are assigned and in use but not efficiently used per ARIN
>>standards to engage some degree of renumbering as consequence of the
>>transfer.
>
> You say that like it's a bad thing.

Hi Ronald,

I say that like I think Owen's diversion to, 'Nowhere does it say you
are required to renumber," reeked of cognitive dissonance.

Whether I think it's a bad thing for ARIN to dictate that corporate
restructuring requires renumbering, as NRPM 8.2 seems to say, returns
us to the original conversion. My thoughts on that can be boiled down
to three words which start W.T.F.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us