[arin-ppml] re-org question

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Nov 4 18:50:04 EDT 2016

Hi Folks,

I have an NRPM 8.2 question for you. One of the orgs I work with is
contemplating a reorganization in which the IT support group and all
of its assets will be split off in to a wholly owned subsidiary. One
of these assets is a legacy /16.

As I read the last paragraph in NRPM section 8.2, in order for the /16
to be recorded under the new subsidiary's name, the subsidiary would
have to sign an RSA, renumber the otherwise unchanging network
infrastructure to meet ARIN's current efficiency standards and return
or sell the excess IP addresses.

Am I actually reading that right?

Semi-related question: Does ARIN publish anywhere which RIRs it deems
to "share reciprocal, compatible, needs-based policies" under section
8.4?

Thanks,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us