[arin-ppml] Recommended Draft Policy ARIN 2015-2 Modify 8.4 (Inter-RIR Transfers to Specified Recipients)

Jason Schiller jschiller at google.com
Wed Jun 1 13:19:11 EDT 2016

John,

I guess I don't know what is meant by corporate reorganization
as referenced in 8.2.  I assume this means the corporate
structure has changed, for example closing a wholly owned
subsidiary, or moving a subsidiary to a parent higher up in the tree.

I tried to suggest an example where the corporate structure has
not changed.  I no longer need IPs for my orgID X, but could use
them for my OrgID Y and my OrgID Z.  Where X, Y , and Z  have
always been wholly owned subs, and will continue to be so for the
foreseeable future.  Or a completely seperate case where X, Y, and Z
have always been a single legal entity, and will continue to be so for the
foreseeable future.

Does "I have pulled the plug on product P so we don't the need the
IPs but can use them elsewhere" Or "Product Q stopped growing so I no
longer need the unused IP space but can use them elsewhere" qualify as
a corporate re-organization and therefor the transfer permitted under 8.2?

__Jason