[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2016-1: Reserved Pool Transfer Policy

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 23:11:14 EDT 2016

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 4:55 PM, ARIN <info at arin.net> wrote:
> Policy statement:
>
> Add to Section 8.3 and Section 8.4 under the "Conditions on source of the
> transfer:"
>
> Address resources from a reserved pool (including those designated in
> Section 4.4 and 4.10) are not eligible for transfer.

I am in favor of the intent, although I would have
(at first thought) expected that the "resources
transferred will be subject to ARIN policies"
would have resulted in a review of the recipients
planned usage.  However, given the possible
interpretations (which historically any ambiguity
goes in favor of the requester), I can see that
some improvements might be valuable.  However,
I would suggest that the proposed language be
modified to allow for a transfer if the recipient
would otherwise meet the requirements that could
be used to approve the resources from the reserved
block.

What about something like:

"Recipients of resources from a reserved pool ....
must demonstrate that the recipient would
qualify for those resources under existing policy,
and the resources may not be transferred out
of region".