[arin-ppml] 2-byte ASN policy

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Mon Apr 4 18:50:02 EDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 3:56 PM, David Huberman <David_Huberman at outlook.com>
wrote:

> ARIN has traditionally had a large number of AS numbers (almost all
> 2-byte) in the "hold" bucket. These are ASNs which have been revoked for
> years due to non-payment and separation from the RSA.  But they're still
> found in the DFZ.

Interesting.   In the quick searching I just did, most BOGON lists focus on
things from an address perspective ()IPv4 or IPv6).  The only thing I found
was a list of unallocated ASN announcing prefixes at, which is still kind
of from an address perspective.

http://thyme.rand.apnic.net/current/data-badAS

Do you know of a list of BOGON ASNs?

Thanks.

David Farmer               Email:farmer at umn.edu
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE        Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952