[arin-ppml] Support for 2015-5 (Expand permitted out-of-region use of IPv4 space)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Sep 15 18:03:38 EDT 2015

> On Sep 15, 2015, at 5:55 PM, Matthew Kaufman <matthew at matthew.at> wrote:
>
> On 9/15/2015 2:49 PM, Aaron wrote:
>> Nope.
>>
>> A few years ago we purchased some IP space from a company that was downsizing.  We never got around to registering the IPs with ARIN and a year later the seller was back, reclaimed them, sold them to someone else and disappeared.
>>
>> Nothing we could do about it without proper registration.
>
> If you had an actual contract from them, there's a lot more than "nothing" you can do. See your attorney.

The contents of the contract are also likely to be be germane to the situation;
I’ve heard people describe address blocks described as “the right to route IP
addresses nnn-mmm in the global routing table”, which needless to say, does
not actually exist and thus can’t be conveyed.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN