[arin-ppml] ARIN forcing everyone to sign the new RSA?

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Oct 29 21:59:40 EDT 2015

On Oct 29, 2015, at 6:55 PM, David Huberman <David.Huberman at microsoft.com> wrote:

> (Answering my own questions a little bit, even though that's a tad gauche.)
>
> I see the ARIN website has some text I haven't seen before.  At:
> https://www.arin.net/resources/agreements/index.html
>
> . under "Registration Services Agreement", it says:
>
> "Both existing and newly approved customers must sign and return the current version of the RSA for each resource request."
>
> And thinking about it, I realize we had Version 11 for 3.5 years.  The version I have a copy of says April 2012.  So it's been a while. And Version 12 was just published this month.
>
> So that answers most of my questions.  I'd still like clear rules for when, and when not, an updated RSA is required.  The RSA is still one-sided and overly aggressive, so it's not easy to get it signed, much less signed when it's already been signed.

David -

   ARIN issues number resources under the current version of the RSA,
   so parties requesting new resources should expect to sign the most
   current version.   The changes from RSA version 11 to 12 are based on
   changes requested by the community, and I would highly recommend that
   everyone take the opportunity to review them (even if not requesting any
   additional resources) as the terms may be more suitable to one's needs
   than those in your present registration services agreement.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO