[arin-ppml] Transition /10

Morizot Timothy S Timothy.S.Morizot at irs.gov
Tue Oct 20 11:35:22 EDT 2015

Thanks for the clarifications. In that context, assuming a new entrant is deploying IPv6, wouldn't the current policy allow them to request allocations to support that deployment. It specifically mentions needs like dual-stacked nameservers and various IPv4 life extension solutions. If a new entrant *isn't* deploying IPv6 from the start, do we really want to support them with a free pool allocation? For any needs beyond those described in the policy, there's the transfer market. I don't know that I have particularly strong feelings either way, but if we're going to reserve any general use pool at all rather than simply handing it all out to meet current need, I think it's better to tie it to demonstrated IPv6 deployment.

Scott