[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2015-2: Modify 8.4 (Inter-RIR Transfers to Specified Recipients)

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue May 26 18:55:07 EDT 2015

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 6:38 PM, David Huberman
<David.Huberman at microsoft.com> wrote:
> A good actor has no choice but to get around Statement 1 by transferring
> the block to a different OrgID in ARIN via NRPM 8.2, then doing an
> inter-RIR transfer to APNIC (and then to CNNIC).  BGP can now occur.

Hi David,

That's a "good" actor? This sort of corrupt behavior that benefits
multi-national organizations at the expense of local operators is why
I argued against inter-RIR transfers in the first place. I doubt I'll
win this argument either, but at least someone will have gone on
record calling a spade a spade.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us