[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2015-3: Remove 30 day utilization requirement in end-user IPv4 policy

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue May 26 17:09:51 EDT 2015

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 3:52 PM, David Huberman
<David.Huberman at microsoft.com> wrote:
> The 25% text applies not only to initial assignments, but to:
> - additional assignments
> - transfers

Then change the 25% 30-day requirement to apply in aggregate across
all direct assignments held by the organization instead of applying to
just the most recent.

> - criteria used by ISPs to determine justification for downstream assignments

You are aware of an incident where an end-user could not get a
reasonable IP addresses assignment from an ISP -solely- because they
could not meet a 25% initial use requirement? Absent a case study, I'm
not inclined to find that argument compelling.

Regards.
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us