[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2015-2: Modify 8.4 (Inter-RIR Transfers to Specified Recipients)

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Tue May 26 17:04:55 EDT 2015

On 5/26/15 13:53, Jon Lewis wrote:

> If you were an ARIN member operating a global network, you probably
> wouldn't feel that way.  I'd argue "many" who do so, but I only have
> first-hand knowledge of a few ARIN members who do so, prefer as much as
> possible to deal with one RIR (one set of rules/regulations to keep up
> with, common language and currency) for their IP space needs.

You're right, I don't operate a global network so I don't really
sympathize with such problems. Instead it comes off to me like saying
why can't country X's laws be more like Country Y's laws because X makes
things harder than in Y and I want to start doing business in X too.
That makes me lean towards "oppose".

~Seth