[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2014-21: Modification to CI Pool Size per Section 4.4

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Mon Mar 2 15:24:11 EST 2015

This Draft Policy was discussed at the PPC in San Antonio last month,
the meeting report for the PPC is at the following link;

https://www.arin.net/participate/meetings/reports/ppc_nanog63/index.html

And there is a staff and legal assessment of the Draft Policy posted at;

https://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/2014_21.html

At the PPC there was some opposition expressed, basically that an
additional reservation for the CI pool is not justified based on use of
the current reservation.  However, I feel the community in general
supports this Draft Policy, and still thinks the expanded reservation is
justified.

There was a suggestion to modify the text to provide additional
editorial clean up of Section 4.4, however given the feedback received
so far, I'd suggest we stick with the text as-is, and deal with these
issues elsewhere.

So, as shepherd for this Draft Policy I plan to ask the AC to advance
this Draft Policy to Recommended Draft Policy on our next call, and
present this as Recommended Draft Policy at the PPM next month in San
Francisco.

However, if anyone thinks the previously proposed editorial changes or
any other changes to the text are necessary please speak up ASAP, as the
text will need to be frozen for the PPM within the next week or so.

Thanks.

David Farmer               Email: farmer at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE     Phone: 1-612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029  Cell: 1-612-812-9952