[arin-ppml] Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2015-1: Modification to Criteria for IPv6 Initial End-User Assignments

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Jun 25 08:43:27 EDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 5:59 AM, Gary T. Giesen <ggiesen at giesen.me> wrote:
> While I appreciate your support of this policy, I'm a little confused about
> your statement as this policy doesn't even deal with allocations of a single
> /48. In fact, the current smallest prefix this policy deals with would be a
> /40 (13 sites qualifies for a /40 - and in fact that number was deliberately
> chosen because of that).

Hi Gary,

Criteria a, b or f all justify a /48 according to NRPM 6.5.8.2 which
is not modified by this policy.

It's not obvious to me why c or d would necessarily qualify for more than a /48.

E justifies a /40, as you said.

I see what you're saying, you're only adding section E. Man, that's a
really confusing way to write a policy change. The reader has to
really dig to see what you're changing.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us