[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2015-6: Transfers and Multi-national Networks

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Tue Jun 23 20:27:25 EDT 2015

On 6/23/2015 3:36 PM, William Herrin wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 4:06 PM, ARIN <info at arin.net> wrote:
>> Draft Policy ARIN-2015-6
>> Transfers and Multi-national Networks
> OPPOSED.
>
> Policy violates PDP section 3.2. The policy requires ARIN to consider
> addresses used outside the region but the PDP restricts policy scope
> to "number resources managed within the ARIN region."

Perhaps we need a change to that.

> Policy violates PDP section 4.1. The policy requires ARIN to provide
> favorable treatment to longstanding customers. PDP 4.1 requires "fair
> and impartial" administration.

I can't remember the last time we had such... it would be a breath of
fresh air though, wouldn't it?

> Policy violates PDP section 4.1. The policy requires ARIN to
> facilitate number usage in locations worldwide but refuses to serve
> would-be registrants in those locations unless they also have a major
> presence in the ARIN region. PDP 4.1 requires "fair and impartial"
> administration.

Hm. Good point there. All RIRs should be facilitating number usage in
locations worldwide... and it seemed reasonable to require a local
presence, but maybe you're right that even that shouldn't be required.

Matthew Kaufman
matthew at matthew.at