[arin-ppml] ARIN-PPML 2015-2

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Jun 5 15:45:06 EDT 2015

On Jun 5, 2015, at 3:36 PM, Mike Burns <mike at iptrading.com<mailto:mike at iptrading.com>> wrote:
I do object to John Curran writing a policy proposal to be submitted to the community under another person’s name.
It just seems wrong to me but I could be alone in that thought.

Mike -

    ARIN staff has always been available (if asked) to aid with crafting of number resource
    policy proposal language.   We generally are not asked, and that’s why it is uncommon.
    The definition of a Policy Proposal in Policy Development Process notes that staff may
    be involved in refinement of an idea for a policy <https://www.arin.net/policy/pdp.html> -

    “Policy Proposal - An idea for a policy that is submitted to the Policy Development Process. Members of the ARIN Advisory Council and ARIN staff work with the originator to refine the Policy Proposal so that it contains a clear statement of the existing problem with Internet number resource policy and suggested changes to Internet number resource policy text to address the problem.”

     (I’ll also admit I’d prefer the AC to take the lead in such matters, but that does sort of
     presume the active cooperation of the originator to allow such to happen.)

Thanks,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO