[arin-ppml] ARIN-PPML 2015-2

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Jun 5 14:04:40 EDT 2015

On Jun 5, 2015, at 1:36 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
> So you can tell us the draft exceeds policy and impinges on ARIN
> business procedure? You've suckered folks into that game one too many
> times. Tell me the words you'd accept as requiring transfer
> reciprocity and compatibility go beyond lip service and I'll advance
> those words.

Bill -

   As always, I’m happy to aid you in policy development if you need
   assistance.  With respect to NIR policy compatibility, is your your
   expectation that it has to allow outward transfers unconditionally,
   or simply allow the potential for outward transfers subject to any
   other conditions, e.g. payment of processing fee, signing of an
   agreement, etc?   Do your require and/or allow enforcement of the
   condition that the source address holder must not have received a
   block within a certain time frame (if contained within NIR policy)
   Does the time period have to match those in the ARIN policy
   presently and/or stay in alignment with ARIN’s at all times?
   Post-transfer, dd you require the NIR to make any source entity
   ineligible to receive  future sources via allocation and/transfer
   for some period?  Does the period have to match ARIN’s present
   and/or ARIN’s future ineligibility period?

> Else suffer the continued wagging of my finger.

   If you answer the questions above, I can craft text that should
   require NIR transfer reciprocity and compatibility to the level
   that you desire.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran