[arin-ppml] On USG 'granting of rights'

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Jun 4 08:42:21 EDT 2015

On Jun 4, 2015, at 8:09 AM, Bill Woodcock <woody at pch.net> wrote:
> This is something we've had a plan for for fifteen years, but were unable to get traction with the other four RIRs on. At the time, two other RIRs.  :-)
> Yes, it's an excellent idea. Unfortunately, inter-RIR politics meant that we got ERX instead, which is a crap idea.

Bill -

With respect to “ERX” only (I have no view on the other matter), I would note that some form
of cross-registry support for Whois, reverse DNS, and other registry services would still have
been necessary (whether called “ERX" or something else.)   This is particularly true now given
inter-RIR transfers and will remain true in any environment other than one with a single shared
services backend.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO