[arin-ppml] ARIN-PPML 2015-2

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Wed Jun 3 11:31:03 EDT 2015

On 6/3/2015 7:32 AM, William Herrin wrote:
> The one where it ends up in private hands who aren't allowed to sell
> it to me even if they want to? Possibly other problems, but at the
> very least that one.

Exactly. All that the existing policies are doing is making it harder
for people who want to buy space from people who have it to sell to do so.

*That* is "market manipulation", as Owen puts it (by the ARIN community
through the policies it has set, no less). It also provides "competitive
advantage" to those who are able to get around these policies (because
they have enough lawyers, or can create additional legal entities to
re-characterize things as 8.2 transfers, or whatever).

Matthew Kaufman