[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2015-5: Out of region use

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sat Jul 4 08:59:36 EDT 2015

On Jul 3, 2015, at 6:23 PM, Matthew Kaufman <matthew at matthew.at<mailto:matthew at matthew.at>> wrote:

If I request (or transfer) a /22 and launch every piece of gear that the /22 is used on to Mars, and I come back for another /22 (request or transfer), can I count the first /22 as "utilized" even though it isn't being used in-region, or will I be denied because my first /22 isn't in-use in-region?

Matthew -

It’s utilized, but the processing of the request depends on whether it is an end-user
or ISP request <http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-ppml/2013-October/027405.html>
You haven’t referenced “customers” in the above, so it’s not clear which policy you’d
be applying for additional resources under - I’d note that ISP customer growth that
is outside of region would not be considered for sizing any additional allocation...
(how relevant or meaningful that is given a depleted regional IPv4 free pool is an
excellent question.)

Thanks!
/John

John Curran