[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2014-21: Modification to CI Pool Size per Section 4.4

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Jan 8 21:56:56 EST 2015

On Jan 8, 2015, at 5:50 PM, Scott Leibrand <scottleibrand at gmail.com> wrote:

> How much is ARIN going to get from the next round of IANA returned space distribution?  It's more than a /16, isn't it?

Per the Global Policy for Post Exhaustion IPv4 Allocation Mechanisms by the IANA,
the allocation size technically is set based on the recovered pool size at the time of
the next allocation (1 March 2015).  If I recall correctly, the estimate is that each RIR
will receive IPv4 space equivalent to a /12 block on that date.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO