[arin-ppml] IPv6 End-User Initial Assignment Policy (or: Please don't me make do ULA + NAT66)

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Feb 18 16:28:55 EST 2015

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 12:59 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
> I think that for now any end user willing to pay ARIN's fee
> should qualify for a /48 regardless of any technical criteria.

This got me thinking. Who would choke on a policy proposal which
looked like the following?

Add to section 6.5.8.1:

(f) All end user organizations who do not qualify for addresses under
(a) through (e) qualify for a direct assignment of exactly one /48.
This section (f) shall expire upon determination by ARIN staff that
IPv6 has become the "dominant" network protocol on the public
Internet. The expiry shall not impact prior assignments made under
this section.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us