[arin-ppml] IPv6 End-User Initial Assignment Policy (or: Please don't me make do ULA + NAT66)

Gary T. Giesen ggiesen at giesen.me
Tue Feb 17 12:21:19 EST 2015

My concern is that the thresholds for a direct assignment are already specified in 6.5.8.1 a through d, which my example customer would not qualify under any of them. What I’m asking for is essentially a fifth criteria (other than reasonable technical justification) - “By having a network that has at least 13 sites” as I’m know sure you qualify “not wanting to renumber” as a reasonable technical justification.  Clearly c) and d) are in place to reduce the pain of renumbering for larger customers, I’m just arguing my example customer’s pain at renumbering is at least as great as anyone who qualifies under either c) or d) and deserves a direct assignment.

John, Are you able to speak to the specific scenario I’ve previously laid out (and whether ARIN would  approve such a request under 6.5.8.1e)?

GTG