[arin-ppml] Proposal ARIN-2015-8

james machado hvgeekwtrvl at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 01:41:06 EST 2015

Good thoughts and valid points David,

> David wrote:
>
> So a possible solution is to redefine:
>
> ISP offers last-mile connectivity
> Everyone else is an EU.

 and I like the direction your going but there is no requirement for
your ISP to provide the last mile or even have a pop in your city.  I
grant you it is more common than not now but it's not so long ago (and
may be for all i know) for a connection to an ISP be back hauled
hundreds of miles to the "local" pop.

A question I would have for John is what would the cost burden be to
enable SWIP access for all entities?  What audit/oversite burden is
created for the ARIN staff in adding SWIP access?  I am trying to
determine from a cost standpoint would it be feasible to add SWIP
access to everybody or for a "small" fee if the EU has need of it?

James