[arin-ppml] Policy idea: POC Validation

Michael Peddemors michael at linuxmagic.com
Mon Apr 13 21:20:51 EDT 2015

On 15-04-13 06:07 PM, Jimmy Hess wrote:
> - Just as there is a link to "confirm"  the POC record is good,  there
> should be another
>    prominent link  near the top  to say  "This POC record is bad,  and
> stop contacting me"
>
> - If the POC says their record is bad, And they don't go back and cancel that
>     (in case of accidental clicking),  then  their information should
> be removed from WHOIS  pending review.

Actually, this should then be escalated to whomever their upstream is,
with a warning about bad POC's.

Also notice lately that some of the hosting providers are allowing
'automated' sign-ups, where any forged information also is automated to
post to the 'rwhois' server, or SWIP.

The upstream provider should be notified of such an issue as soon as
possible, and if they aren't dealing with the situation, then the
upstream provider is in non-compliance with policy, as I see it.

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."

This email and any electronic data contained are confidential and
are addressed.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are
solely those of the author and are not intended to represent those of
the company.