[arin-ppml] Policy idea: POC Validation

David Huberman David.Huberman at microsoft.com
Mon Apr 13 17:37:44 EDT 2015

Hello Marty,

> Did ARIN/you consider a consultation instead and simply adding a NACK button
> to the confirmation and reassigning the block back to the ISP in question or
> re-designate to the  online account owner? Maybe some of that needs policy.
> Maybe not.

[I didn't consider a consultation.  Richard had said at the mic during his presentation that it required a policy change, or I thought that's what I heard.]

I think your solution would be a good option.  Can other ISPs who SWIP comment on this option?  Would you be ok with your SWIPs being erased when your customers press a button or contact ARIN and demand to be removed?

Alternatively, we could also consider a middle ground -- anyone who presses NACK or complains, the POC on the reassignment reverts to the parent Org POCs (the ISP's POC info).

David

David R Huberman
Principal, Global IP Addressing
Microsoft Corporation