[arin-ppml] Team Review - policy matter? (was: Re: reverse COE statement)

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Sep 24 16:44:05 EDT 2014

On Sep 24, 2014, at 1:03 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:

> On Sep 24, 2014, at 2:51 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>

>> As I understand it… (I might be a little off on some details and I’ll leave it to ARIN staff to clarify if I am)
>>
>> The current state is that everything for allocations/assignments from the free pool is reviewed through ARIN’s team review process.
>
> Correct.  The team review process was introduced specifically to provide
> for serialization of IPv4 requests from the free pool during final runout.
>
>> All transfers are currently reviewed by a single ARIN staff member, with some possible escalation to management as needed or in the case of certain large transfers. No transfers regardless of size are currently subjected to the team review process.
>
> Not correct - All 8.2, 8.3 and 8.4 transfers receive initial processing by
> one or more analysts, and then verification review by a senior analyst or
> by the ARIN's Director of Registration Services.

Sorry, by “single”, I meant one analyst, not that a particular analyst is reviewing all transfers. I apologize for the ambiguity and potentially misleading language in my original message.

The or more part (pleasantly) surprises me.

In any case, I believe that they should be subject to the exact same process as allocations/assignments from the free pool as intended by the policy.

It seems there are other members of the community that also feel this way.

Owen