[arin-ppml] "Eligibility for Receiving IP Address Transfers — Evaluating Alternative Policy Options"

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Sep 24 13:48:59 EDT 2014

On Sep 24, 2014, at 1:32 PM, Matthew Kaufman <matthew at matthew.at> wrote:

> There is nothing about ARIN policy that prevents me for entering into a contract that restricts a party from ever releasing their address space to someone else.

Correct, but the fact that you might do so does not affect the conclusion
until the behavior becomes dominant; until such time, there remains many
thousands of parties which are holding resources which are available for
transfer to qualified parties.

Matthew, if you don't find the paper valuable, then do not make use of it
when drafting your policy proposals.  For those in the community who may
not have the same level of familiarity or perspective, the paper help in
consideration of various policy mechanisms, aside from needs-assessment,
which may be useful for their efforts.

FYI,
/John

John Curran