[arin-ppml] Team Review - policy matter? (was: Re: reverse COE statement)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Sep 24 13:23:13 EDT 2014

On Sep 24, 2014, at 1:15 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>> Team review is not called for in policy;
>
> I completely disagree. There are a number of reasons that the community tied 8.3 transfers to “current IPv4 policy” and other than the timeframe exemption specifically granted in 8.3, I believe that fairness dictates that ARIN should treat transfers in an identical manner to free pool allocations and assignments.

Owen -

  If you feel that transfers should be subject to team review (despite
  the fact that they do not draw from the ARIN region IPv4 free pool) and
  consider it to be a policy matter, I would recommend the submission of
  a policy proposal which introduces the concept of "team review" for
  requests to the Number Resource Policy Manual.  It presently is not
  contained therein.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran