[arin-ppml] "Eligibility for Receiving IP Address Transfers — Evaluating Alternative Policy Options"

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Sep 24 12:13:00 EDT 2014

ARIN Policy Development Process Participants -

We've had some discussion of various mechanisms available to achieve policy
goals, but it has been spread across many discussion threads on this mailing
list.

Several months back, I asked Ben Edelman (of the Harvard Business School)
to explore  "what mechanisms might play a comparable role in transfer policy
to needs-assessment, if the community sought options other than simply
removing needs assessment altogether."  His briefing draft on this matter is
attached, and might be of interest to the community in discussion of various
directions for ARIN's transfer policy (it does not provide any recommended
direction; it is simply a evaluation of potential mechanisms used in policy
and some of their associated properties.)

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO