[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2014-20: Transfer Policy Slow Start and Simplified Needs Verification

David Huberman David.Huberman at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 15 19:53:58 EDT 2014

Thank you for the detailed reply, Jason, and for expanding on my simplistic scenarios.

Maybe I'm tired, but I don't understand a fundamental point.  Under 2014-20, to transfer a /16 into their account (where a /16 is their believed 24-month need), they need to do three transfers over 180 days?  Today they can do that in one transfer simply by showing their math to ARIN staff, demonstrating why they think a /16 is their need.    If what I wrote is accurate, why is 2014-20 good in this context?

/david

Quoting text for context: