[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2014-18: SimplifyingMinimumAllocations and Assignments

Bruce Cornett bcornett at servlet.com
Thu Sep 4 11:49:58 EDT 2014

For what it is worth, I think this is a good policy for the smaller guys.

I have two clients that desperately want their own allocation.  One runs
a WISP with a /24 and the other high security cloud stack with a /22.

Both need to double immediately.  And I hate parting with the address
space.  They cannot meet the /20 criteria and giving them addresses from
our space limits our business model - because granting that won't push
us to the point where we can request more. And dual homing them doesn't
do anything for my business.

It seems to me that this policy resolves that issue and will allow these
clients to properly address their business model.  And allow us to
properly address our business plan without depleting our address space
prematurely.

It's a good thing.

Bruce C