[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2014-18: SimplifyingMinimumAllocations and Assignments

Steven Ryerse SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com
Wed Sep 3 21:58:46 EDT 2014

Thanks for that info as that is helpful to me to better understand the real life effect of your position on this policy proposal.

Would you reconsider your support of 2014-18 if it was changed to leave the current needs tests intact on Minimum allocation requests , but with the understanding that ARIN staff will not request them except when ARIN staff suspects a bad actor or action involved?  As I understand it something along these lines was done when RIPE relaxed their requirements.

Would you reconsider your support if 2014-18 only applied to the orphaned Minimum size blocks that ARIN might have at the time of an allocation request?  In this scenario allocations would only be made if ARIN has an orphaned block available at the time of the request and would prevent larger blocks from being broken up?

Since you have been doing this for a significant amount of time, is there any other scenario that you might support if it was properly written as a policy?

Steven Ryerse
President
100 Ashford Center North, Suite 110, Atlanta, GA  30338
www.eclipse-networks.com
770.656.1460 - Cell
770.399.9099- Office

℠ Eclipse Networks, Inc.