[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-208 Reduce All Minimum Allocation/Assignment Units to /24

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Sep 2 16:36:12 EDT 2014

On Sep 2, 2014, at 11:16 PM, Derek Calanchini <derekc at cnets.net> wrote:

> Sorry, I replied to the wrong one, this is the one I am waiting on:
>
> ARIN-prop-208 Reduce All Minimum Allocation/Assignment Units to /24

Much clearer now...  Policy ARIN-2014-13: "Reduce All Minimum
Allocation/Assignment Units to /24"  has been adopted and is in
implementation.

I'd estimate that policy will become available with the release of
an updated ARIN NRPM manual on or about 17 September 2014.

Regarding the alternative to "fudge the truth and order up a /21",
even if your request were approved, please realize that based on
your own statements here, the probability of someone submitting
a number resource fraud report is nearly 100%, thus kicking off
a resource review (NRPM 12) with a correspondingly high level
of scrutiny of all your number resources and their utilization... that
is unlikely to be an appealing alternative, all things considered.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO