[arin-ppml] 2014-1 Out of Region Use

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 14:56:47 EDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 12:31 AM, Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm at ipinc.net> wrote:
> Hi Milton and All,
>
>   I am concerned with the following:
>
> "ARIN reserves the right to request a listing of all the applicant's number
> holdings in the region(s) of proposed use, but this should happen only when
> there are significant reasons to suspect duplicate requests."
>
>   I feel this should be changed to the following:
>
> "ARIN reserves the right to request a listing of all the applicant's number
> holdings in the region(s) of proposed use"

I feel it should be eliminated. As it was mentioned at the microphone
in the Baltimore meeting, ARIN isn't consistent in applications of
language like and appear to be widely abused. ARIN already has Section
12. Why is that not good enough?

[ clip ]

We seem to have completely (as usual) ignored all of the feedback from
the microphone at both the PPC and the Baltimore meeting. When you
scrub the comments of the AC, you end up with a fairly negative
response to this proposal including two large holders of resources
stating that this is a no op as well:  already using numbers in other
regions and even ARIN (Curran) chimed in and said that it wasn't a
problem.

Anyone care to address the points, from a technical perspective, that
the LEO community raised as well?

I really wish the AC would get out of the regulatory business and into
the stewardship business. <hope>

Best,

-M<