[arin-ppml] ARIN IPs and Spammers?

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Nov 7 14:00:01 EST 2014

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 4:24 PM, Bon Onlines <bononlines at gmail.com> wrote:
> What do you think about the number of ARIN ips belongs to spammers
> nowadays?

I think ARIN shouldn't be in the anti-spam business and I think they'd do
more harm than good if they tried. Spam is tricky. It involves unappealable
value judgments that we really don't want the -monopoly- registry operator
to make.

That having been said, it'd be nice if a few more network operators at the
two-steps-removed level would make those judgments. I'm tired of the
service providers that connect the bulletproof hosters getting no grief
from their own backbone providers.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us
May I solve your unusual networking challenges?