[arin-ppml] Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2014-13: Reduce All Minimum Allocation/Assignment Units to /24

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu May 22 06:47:36 EDT 2014

On May 21, 2014, at 5:18 PM, Derek Calanchini <derekc at cnets.net> wrote:

> GREAT!  Does prop 208 being accepted mean I can re-request my /22 now, or do I have to wait till after NANOG 61?

Policy proposals become accepted as Draft Policies when they have a clear
problem statement with respect to number resource policy in the region.

Draft policies become Recommended Draft Policies when it appears that they
enable fair and impartial number resource administration, are technically sound,
and have support of the community.

Recommended Draft Policies must go to a Public Policy Consultation (such as
will occur during NANOG 61) in order to be sent to Last Call.

Recommended Draft Policies which have undergone last call may be sent to
the ARIN Board for adoption (this occurs within 60 days of the Public Policy
Consultation.)

Once adopted by the ARIN Board, then the policy is implemented by the ARIN
staff.

i.e. if ARIN-2014-13 is supported by the community at the upcoming PPC, and
then everything goes smoothly from that point, likely time for availability to the
community would August or September.

FYI,
/John

John Curran