[arin-ppml] [arin-discuss] Term Limit Proposal

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Mar 26 14:06:24 EDT 2014

On Mar 27, 2014, at 1:35 AM, Azinger, Marla <Marla.Azinger at FTR.com> wrote:

> Hi John
>
> Given the response I think an official proposal needs to be written.  I'm happy to see the acceptance of a written proposal will be received for due process and not turned over to the recycling bin for "not being a policy topic".

If the ARIN AC wishes to discuss terms limits for the ARIN AC, then that
is something that may do at any time and in fact are quite capable of
voluntarily enforcement thereof...  No ARIN policy proposal is necessary,
and in fact, it would be out of scope for the policy development process.

If mandatory terms limits are desired for the ARIN Board of Trustees or
ARIN AC, it would be best to write up the specific suggestion and submit
the ARIN consultation and suggestion process, as noted by John Springer.
I will bring the proposal and results of the discussion of the proposal
on the arin-consult mailing list to the ARIN Board of Trustees for their
further consideration.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran