[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2014-7: Section 4.4 Micro Allocation Conservation Update - Revised

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Tue Mar 11 00:13:44 EDT 2014

On Mon, 10 Mar 2014, Andrew Dul wrote:

> Specifically, do you support raising the number of participants required
> to obtain an IXP micro allocation from 2 to 3?

An off-list conversation helped me clarify my concern about raising the
requirement.  It's not just the burden of renumbering alone that's the
problem, it's the chilling effect it has on the market.  It's already hard
enough to get a new IX started.  Adding on to that with the knowledge that
you are unable to get permanent IP space when you start only adds to the
problem.

--
Brandon Ross                                      Yahoo & AIM:  BrandonNRoss
+1-404-635-6667                                                ICQ:  2269442