[arin-ppml] About needs basis in 8.3 transfers

Elvis Velea elvis at velea.eu
Wed Jun 4 22:41:41 EDT 2014

Hi Cathy,

On 05/06/14 04:31, CJ Aronson wrote:
> Let's be clear.. the RIPE NCC will only give a one-time /22 for your 
> 1600 Euros/year.   RIPE has always made applicants prove a business 
> presense in the region and I believe that's what the
> "
>  *
>     The name of the "Chamber of Commerce" where your company is registered
>      o
>         For example, Companies House, KvK etc."
> Is referring to.  The link is here for your reference:
> http://www.ripe.net/lir-services/member-support/become-a-member/application
RIPE NCC does not require it's members to be registered in the RIPE 
region. You can have a look at their members list if you need proof. You 
will see lots of companies registered everywhere. Here is their link for 
companies that say they offer services in the US:


> You'll have to apply and see.
> If you want more than a /22 you'll have to go to the transfer market.
correct.. you could contact an IPv4 Broker if you want someone 
specialized in the market to help you.

For full disclosure, I used to work as IPRA/Hostmaster for the RIPE NCC 
between 2007 and 2013.
I now work for V4Escrow, LLC which is a US registered company. We are a 
member of the RIPE NCC and APNIC and we use resources from these two 
regions :-)


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-ppml/attachments/20140605/0ae19efd/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the ARIN-PPML mailing list