[arin-ppml] Policy discussion - Method of calculatingutilization ARIN-2014-17

Andrew Dul andrew.dul at quark.net
Tue Jun 24 18:04:17 EDT 2014

The problem described below appears to be more related to the current
3-month window for additional allocations, not necessarily the
utilization metric.  The 3-month window has had a number of
side-effects, some of which were not anticipated when that policy was
put in place.  With run-out in the region approaching rapidly we need to
turn our attention to the longer term policies which will support the
desires of the community (as best possible) through the transfer market
or other mechanisms.  Changing the utilization formula (for those
requests which do require a formal needs assessment) may be part of the
policy changes which are needed.

Andrew