[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2014-14: Removing Needs Test fromSmall IPv4 Transfers

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 14:44:22 EDT 2014

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 1:15 PM, Steven Ryerse
<SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com> wrote:
> Milton's conclusion in the research for his article:
>
> http://www.internetgovernance.org/2014/06/20/baby-steps-and-big-differences-in-address-transfer-market/
>
> indicates that the significant majority of the transfers as a result of the removal of needs testing in Policy of other RIRs is in the smallest block sizes in the /19-/22 range.

I'd rather look at data than conclusions:

"Just eleven (11) transfers have occurred within the ARIN region.
Fifteen additional transfers, including a /13 (524,288 addresses),
have been inter-regional from ARIN to APNIC."

So where is the flood of transfer requests mentioned in the Problem Statement?

I don't see it.

If RS says it is a problem, I'd be happy to believe them, but I've
never known them to complain about workload before.

--
Cheers,

McTim