[arin-ppml] Simple question to simplify the rhetoric..

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Jun 6 11:21:18 EDT 2014

On Jun 6, 2014, at 10:50 AM, Michael Peddemors <michael at linuxmagic.com> wrote:

> Why don't we first of all all express our simple votes..
>
> A) Leave the current system alone, and let the free market work it out
> B) Enpower ARIN with more abilities to 'judge' who gets the remaining space

Michael -

   There's actually a matrix of possible conditions, which makes things rather
   more complicated -

   In particular, there are the requirements for receiving space from the regional
   free pool versus requirements for being a recipient of a market transfer.

   And then, for both of the above cases, there's what requirements should apply
   at present, as compared to once the regional free pool has effectively depleted
   (with new requesters being placed on the wait list.)

   It is possible to discuss of a subset of these conditions (e.g. transfer policy
   both present and post-depletion, or pre-depletion policy for both free pool and
   transfers) in order to simplify the discussion, but when doing so it would be
   best to be rather explicit about the question being asked...

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO