[arin-ppml] About needs basis in 8.3 transfers

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Wed Jun 4 21:10:29 EDT 2014

On 6/4/14, 5:13 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
> It is, however, equally obvious that a sizable portion of the
> community, not merely myself, does not want to eliminate the needs test.

For the extremely limited version of "the community" which consists of
"see existing policy" and "see the handful of people who participate on
the PPML". Despite all the fee collection that has been spent on
outreach, there's still just not that much representation.

> Currently, there is no actual proposal on the table for loosening them
> or compromising. If there were one, I would address the merits of it
> as I saw them.

That's fair. I'm sure one will show up.

Matthew Kaufman