[arin-ppml] Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2014-12: Anti-hijack Policy

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Jun 2 16:51:18 EDT 2014

On Jun 2, 2014, at 1:33 PM, "Martin Hannigan" <hannigan at gmail.com> wrote:

> These are not standards, it's policy. Policy should be concise and binary.

Agreed - clarity and specificity in policy language is always preferred.

> ARIN already doesn't follow the policies and using words like "should" allow for more wink and nudge and less certainty and especially less consistency.

Martin - While not perfect, we make every attempt to follow
policy language as written.  If you are aware of any problems
with policy compliance, please bring it to my attention (I will
also note that requesters have option of both appeal review
and 3rd party arbitration.)

FYI,
/John

John Curran